Monday, April 4, 2016

I Know What I'm Doing (And Other Lies I Tell Myself)

Welcome back, dear reader!

I realized that it's been.... well, a while, since I was able to update my bog. Life has gotten away from me a little bit!

This weekend, I was able to attend a bridal show (as a vendor) at Kuipers Family Farm in Maple Park, Illinois. This place is BEAUTIFUL! If you ever need something to do with the family and you're in the area, I highly recommend this place!

Anyways, as I was talking to brides, explaining products, what it is I do and a little bit about me when they asked, I found myself at the receiving end of a wide-eyed stare. "How do you do all this?"

Um... I don't.

Seriously! To some people I look like Wonder Woman. Then there's my husband, my mom and my three best friends that watch me run around like a damn chicken with it's head missing when I'm freaking out because things aren't packaged, Sam won't let me sit at my desk and cut labels, I don't have such-and-such products made or "Oh dear God, I didn't clean the house and Mom and Grandma will be here in a half hour"!

I wouldn't be able to accomplish any of this if I didn't have my husband to watch Sam and maintain the house while I'm out in the shop working, or my mom helping me package ALL THE THINGS at 10 o'clock the night before an event, or my friends giving up their weekends to help me at shows and then packaging things while we're sitting at shows.

A lot of the time, it's a struggle to manage everything by myself. I wouldn't be sitting here typing this if I didn't have a support system. I would honestly be in a padded cell somewhere mumbling something about "Putting the lotion on the skin".

I get through my days taking deep breaths and telling myself the same few things over and over again: It's OK, you know what you're doing, you got this! etc., etc...

Are they lies?

That's an opinion and I'll let you form your own.

But at the end of the day, this is what floats around in the back of my mind:

It will be OK, because in the end, my family and friends will be there with encouragement and chocolate bars when needed.

I do know what I'm doing because look at what accomplishments I've made in a year and how happy people are with products they've purchased so far and they're back for more!

And I do have this, because of a combination of the two previous statements

To summarize: I do all this with the love and support of my family. And maybe the occasional "lie" I tell myself to get through a particular trail I'm currently facing. If I didn't have a support system, not of this would be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment